Give Money – Give Water – Give Life
Sub-Saharan Africa suffers from the most severe water crisis, with only 57% of its population having access to safe drinking water (GOOD). For the people of this region, lack of access to clean water is an obstacle that affects every aspect of their lives. The water crisis is a detriment to their health, productive capacities, quality of life, and education. When you donate to the Voss Foundation, you provide the gift of clean water, setting off an endless cycle of positive change:
- Clean water prevents the deaths of children from diarrhea, cholera, and other water-borne illnesses.
- Mothers can give birth in clean health centers with a much lower chance of getting an infection.
- Children can grow without developmental problems that otherwise result from carrying up to 40kg of water on their backs and heads at such a young age.
- More girls can go to school because they no longer need to help their mothers carry water.
- The distance to the nearest water source decreases drastically, making the daily trek easier for women and opening up more time for them to pursue their own education and to earn an income.
- Women can avoid back and chest pains and miscarriages that can occur from carrying heavy loads of water for hours everyday.
When you give to the Voss Foundation, you help bring about meaningful and long-lasting change in the lives of thousands of people. Our water projects ensure local ownership and long-term sustainability through partnerships with trusted organizations on the ground, use of appropriate technology, and through careful assessment of the multiple water requirements of a community. We are intimately involved in each project, but we make sure to work with, not for, the communities. Give the people of Sub-Saharan Africa the opportunity to improve their own lives by donating today.